Is It Wrong for Parents to Spank Their Children? We answered that question on this episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
1. Abuse of any kind and acting out in anger is always wrong and not productive.
2. Impulsive discipline born out of frustration or a spike in emotion is counterproductive and not supported in scripture.
3. Discipline should be thoughtful, prayerful, purposeful, and often times, progressive. You should never discipline out of anger.
4. Godly parents don’t discipline to relieve their frustration.
5. While there are incidents that merit a child experiencing appropriate physical consequences, it’s essential for the child to see the heart of the parent to shape their soul and restore the broken fellowship.
6. You should never discipline your child for you. You discipline your child for your child’s sake.
7. It is not wrong for parents to spank their child.
8. Discipline in love and discipline diligently.
9. Parents should be diligent to discipline while also understanding what type of discipline is best for their child.
“Do not hold back discipline from the child, although you strike him with the rod, he will not die.” Proverbs 23:13
“You shall strike him with the rod and rescue his soul from Sheol.” Proverbs 23:14
“Good understanding produces favor, but the way of the treacherous is hard.” Proverbs 13:15
What is the biggest mistake most parents make?
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/