What Does It Mean to “Train up a Child in the Way He Should Go”? We answered that question on this episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
1. Proverbs are not promises, they are observations and principles that are largely true.
2. How can a kid not grow up to be a fool? Don’t allow them to learn the ways of the world from a rebellious, self – seeking, foolish authority figure.
3. Children repeat the patterns they see modeled for them as they grow up.
4. Children see how important Scripture is when their parents live their lives devoted to it.
5. Children are impacted when they witness their parents living “on mission” (having already determined they are going to do what God says to do).
6. Hurt people hurt people. Children who have been raised in peaceful homes likely will create peace for others and desire more of it for themselves.
7. When you “seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness” one of the things God typically adds to you is the blessing of a generation that wants to follow in your steps.
8. Don’t just put Scripture on your wall, put it on your heart and live according to it.
9. When you passionately follow Christ, and the blessing of living according to God’s will and way is on you, your kids will be more likely to want more of the kindness of God they have witnessed.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. “ Proverbs 22:6
“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!” Deuteronomy 6:4
“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:7
“You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:8-9
“…but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15
“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
“The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.” Philippians 4:9
How to train up your child:
1. Have a plan ( Deuteronomy 6 )
2. You must be present to win
3. Be a parent (not a pal)
4. Passionately follow Christ
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/