How Do I Talk to My Kids About Sex? We answered that question on this week’s episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
God created and gave us the gift of sex, and we should not be ashamed to talk about it.
Using God-given things in a God forbidden way leads to sadness and destruction.
1. Do not over-answer the question your child asks
2. Do not be afraid to use anatomically correct terms in conversation.
3. You want to create a safe and God-honoring place for your kids to ask their questions about sex.
4. God in His kindness allows us to participate with Him in the creation of people made in His image through the gift of sex.
5. The goal is not just sexual purity, but purity in relationship with God.
6. Tell your kids to seek Jesus, not a spouse. Seeking Him produces purity as a by-product. Seeking purity without Him produces guilt and shame.
7. One of the worst things we can do in talking to our kids about sex is to try to protect them from the dangers by saying sex is a dirty thing.
8. Don’t talk poorly about God’s gifts. Tell the truth about Satan and his schemes.
“For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
“For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.” 1 Timothy 4:4-5
“The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.” 1 Corinthians 7:4
“You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.” Psalm 16:11
1. Don’t over-answer the question.
2. Answer to the level of your child’s curiosity and age.
3. Give God glory. That gives your child the greatest sense of peace and sets them up for the greatest success.
RTRQ: What Should I Do If I Find Myself in a Sexless Marriage?
RTRQ: How Do I Talk To My Children About LGBTQ Issues?
RESOURCE: Parenting Conversations: Sex and Purity
RESOURCE: How to Talk to Your Kids About Sex: Foundational Principles
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/