Are Prayers More Effective Where Two or Three Are Gathered? We answered that question on this episode of Real Truth Real Quick.
1. God is always in our midst because we are His people.
2. The authority of the church isn’t supposed to rest on any one individual.
3. God is in the midst of believers when they are: yielded to His Spirit, and are accurately dividing God’s Word as workmen who show themselves approved.
4. The context for understanding Matthew 18:20 is church discipline and authority more than the ability to have your prayers answered.
5. As ambassadors of Christ, the way we represent Jesus, both individually and collectively should bring glory to the Father; not lead others astray.
Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”
Matthew 28:20 “…and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 6:6 “But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”
John 15:7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
Matthew 18:15-17 “If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”
Psalm 141:5 “Let the righteous smite me in kindness and reprove me; It is oil upon the head; Do not let my head refuse it…”
Matthew 18:18 “Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”
Matthew 18:19 “Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.”
James 3:1 “Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.”
Tweetable Truth: You can get two or three people that agree on the wrong thing, and God will not be there in the midst of them.
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/