What Is the Sin in 1 John 5:16 That “Leads to Death”Questions
What Is the Sin in 1 John 5:16 That “Leads to Death”? We answered that question on this episode of Real Truth. Real Quick.
1. Whatever the “sin leading unto death” is, you can be sure that it is not a sin committed against YOU.
2. You never want to build a doctrine or interpretation based on an unclear text. You always want to interpret unclear passages in light of clear passages.
3. All sin, eventually, does lead to death.
4. Don’t mess with sin.
5. A sin that leads to death does not keep a person out of heaven. It means they will no longer have a chance to serve the King on earth.
6. 1 John 5:16 is an instruction on who to pray for and who not to pray for.
7. Pray for those who persecute you and pray for those who are in the snare of the devil.
8. As the Church, we should be accepting and loving toward all people, but we should not affirm people in their sin because all sin leads to trouble, and continued sin leads to more severe trouble.
“If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.” 1 John 5:16-17
“But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” Matthew 5:44
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“A man who hardens his neck after much reproof Will suddenly be broken beyond remedy.” Proverbs 29:1
“The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.” 2 Timothy 2:24-26
Why Do Christians Ignore Other Old Testament Laws but Condemn Homosexuality?
Click the following link to subscribe to our weekly videos. – https://www.youtube.com/realtruthrealquick
Click the following link to view our entire archive of questions and answers. – http://realtruthrealquick.com/archives/
No comments yet.