On this week’s episode Dr. Russell Moore and Todd Wagner answers the question, “Is the LGBTQ Movement the New Civil Rights Movement?”
- Has the Church Failed the LGBTQ Community?
- How Should a Christian View the Religious Freedom Restoration Act?
- Should Christians Support Gay Conversion Therapy?
- Ethnicity and race are part of God’s design. The choice to surrender to human inclinations and sin is not.
- Biblically the Civil Rights Movement confronted moral wrong doing; whereas, aspects of the LGBTQ movement looks to affirm them.
- Believers should be active in caring for anyone society discards or mistreats.
- As God’s servants, we are obligated to speak the truth in love.
- Don’t assume people choose their sin struggle any more than someone chooses their skin color, but know the difference in God’s view of both.
- We choose whether or not we give into temptation. We do not choose our ethnicity or race.
- Don’t trust your flesh’s inclination, trust in the kindness of God’s will and way.
- God loves all ethnicity and races, but he warns against surrendering to temptation or embracing any sin.
- The civil rights movement was rightly speaking to the dignity of all men. We should not affirm the dignity of every human desire.
- It is wrong to demonize one human inclination contrary to God’s word over others.